Word of the Day: abstergent (Camp Firebelly 2012- expanding their vocabulary everyday thanks to dictionary.com! Now to awkwardly shove words into sentences in hopes to sound eloquent and well-read.)
DAY THREE was jammed pack with all sorts of goodies. We pretty much did three-days worth of mental activities in one. I still at this point refuse to consume 5-hour energy drinks because I fear i’ll start bouncing off the walls, knocking computers over, punching and kicking in air and rampaging through the streets of Chicago. I’ll let you know day 7 or 8 if I’ve caved, or perhaps you’ll already know.
Recap of the Day
1. Prexy Nesbitt came to camp firebelly to share ahh-mazing life stories
2. Had some Mediterranean food (my taste buds are traveling the WORLD!)
3. Project NIA came in to check out our current progress and future afternoon activities
4. Visited Delicious Design League and scored some awesome posters and stickers.
1. Prexy told us stories and events in his past and his interactions with Martin Luther King that left us awe-struck with new passion and desire for change. I wish I could’ve thought of questions to ask, but my brain was just chillin’ in my head and didn’t really want to do anything but listen. He brought a deeper passion for what we’re trying to achieve with this zine, making us think with a different perspective by placing ourselves within the story and making it personal.
He’s an amazing story teller. In my mind, he needs portable human pockets for everyone else to sit in and relish in his conversations!
2. Falafel, spinach pie, cheesy thing, hummus..SO GOOD – ommo nommon monom nom nom
3. Kristin gave very helpful and encouraging feedback and we were able to sky-rocket ourselves into design-fantabulous frenzy!
4. Delicious Design League…. Thanks for having us!